About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Thursday 9 January 2014

Sydney and Auckland semi finals

Bad day Thursday with the only real highlight being Tomic's destruction of Dolgopolov and real march towards defending his title. I was hoping Stepanek might even take out Delpo but stretching him to 3 sets was the best he could do. Del Potro looks to be the only obstacle now between Tomic and a nice payout at 20/1. I can't possibly see Stakhovsky beating Tomic, despite the Ukrainian's great run of form. This was 4/9 earlier today which seemed enormous to me. The 2/5 still available is also plenty big and this is more a 1/4 shot in my opinion. Tomic was immense at times today, top 5 standard. His serve is a weapon. His ground strokes are massive, and he has the panache and confidence to do well in the game. Elsewhere Thursday, Kohlschreiber lost to Isner 7-6 6-7 6-7 without dropping or breaking serve. I hate backing against Isner but even by his serving standards, to serve 80% first serve is out-of-your-mind serving.

Friday's picks:

I will be hoping Tursunov can do a job on Delpo, albeit it is only a small glimmer of hope. Tomic is a recommendation for a decent stake at 2/5 to beat Stakhovsky. The pair met once before and Tomic won that in straights. He's after a title defence here and I think he will get the job done in straights with hopefully a few Stakhovsky errors allowing for a few chances on his delivery. Tomic will need to serve well again.

In Auckland, I expect a win for Ferrer over Lu, a player I really like, while I think the 4/9 on Isner to beat Bautista-Agut is far too big as well and definitely worth backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment