About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Thursday Sydney and Auckland

Decent day yesterday, the draw opening up perfectly for Tomic and Kohlschreiber. Here are Thursday's picks:

Sydney:

Istomin v Tursunov: I think Istomin is a good price at 1.9 and I think he is a more reliable player than Tursunov. I do admit to having a soft spot for the Uzbek but I think he will come through here.

Tomic v Dolgopolov: I know Dolgopolov has a 5-1 head to head in his favour here but none-the-less I think the Aussie crowd and the title defence will get Tomic over the line. Dolgopolov is in good form but I think Tomic is going to get it done.

Matosevic v Stakhovsky: Matosevic will get through here at 1.9. Decent price, good form, Aussie crowd.

Auckland:

Kohlschreiber v Isner: Kohlschreiber was available at even money earlier on which I thought was staggering. He is now 4/5 which is still a backable price. Isner dropped a set to Lacko last night and is nursing an ankle injury. Kohlschreiber to progress.

Lu v Johnson: Lu is over-priced here @ 4/6. He's a better player than Johnson and a 1/2 shot in my opinion.

Bautista-Agut v Sock: I think Sock is a better player on a hard-court than Bautista-Agut who is a nothing player according to Gulbis! Sock is 2.2 here on Betfair and would be more like 1.8 if I was to price it.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment