About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Australian Open Day 3

As promised earlier, just back on to add a bit of meat to the bones of my predictions so to speak!

Very rushed blog on my phone for now until I flush it out a bit later on.

Tursunov v Istomin: Tursunov looks in very decent shape. Both hit the ball big, both serve well and move well. I actually think Istomin hits a nicer cleaner ball than the Russian but Tursunov seems to have it upstairs while Denis The Menace can be found wanting in that department sometimes, when it gets to squeaky bum time. That's the main reason I'm plumping for Tursunov here. That and the fact he beat him last week. Tursunov 3pts @ 4/5 

Benneteau v Robredo: I like the Frenchman here. All is not right with Robredo still. He didnt play any warm up tournaments and only got through to round two by virtue of a Czech Choke in the shape of Lukas Rosol who somehow found a way to lose in the fifth serving for the match at 40-15 up. Benneteau went 5 sets with Carreno-Busta but PCB is under-rated to me and I still like Benneteau here. 2pts Evs

Fognini v Nieminen: Fognini is a much better player than Nieminen. Neither guy is on top form or even close, hence the fact it is only a one point play. I'm encouraged by the fact that FF was two easy sets up on Bogomolov by the time the Russian cum Yank cum Russian retired in round one. Nieminen required 5 sets to best Dudi Sela. Thats speaks enough for me. Fognini 1pt 4/5 

Kumkhum  v Barthel: Purely a bit of a speculative one here. No strong opinion on either player. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to oppose Barthel by any means and if Kumkhum can take out Petra Kvitova, then I think 13/8 to take out Barthel sounds pretty good to me. Kumkhum 1pt 13/8

Li v Bencic: I really like the young Swiss here and I am going with a 2 point play on the +6.5 games @11/10. She will need to serve well which is not her best asset by any means but here general all-court game and return should give her a chance. I also think she will like the pace that Na Li is bound to provide. Also going with 1pt @ 6/1 Na Li to win 2-1

Follow me on Twitter @tennis_backer

Come back tomorrow for Day 4 picks.

Until then, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment