About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Monday 13 January 2014

Australian Open Day 2

Day 1 was decent if not spectacular with plus 4 points the return. Cutting straight to the chase, here are day 2 picks:

Mens:

Kyrgios v Becker: I am going to take a bit of a chance on the young Aussie who is by all accounts a star in the making here. Becker's form has been very poor recently while Kyrgios pushed Verdasco to a final set tie break in Kooyong last week and will have the Aussie support firmly in his corner. With the heat as strong as it is Down Under, I will be favouring the Aussies in  matches like this where any advantage could swing the issue. Take Kyrgios at 10/11. 1pt Kyrgios

Seppi v Hewitt: There a few bets I will recommend in this one. The head to head is tied at 3-3 and I reckon Seppi is a bit under-rated at the moment while Hewitt is possibly a little over-rated after his win over Federer in Brisbane. First of all I like Seppi +6.5 games @ 8/11 for 2pts. I will also have 1pt on this one going the full 5 sets at 7/2 with Hills and a small 1pt bet on Hewitt to win 3-2 @ 6/1 with Stan James. Despite Seppi's seemingly poor form, this is a slam, he's 20 odd spots ahead of Hewitt in the rankings, and all the pressure is on Hewitt for this one. No pressure on Seppi.

Kamke v Sock: 2 points win on Kamke here @ 8/11. I thought Kamke was excellent in Doha and I thought Sock was pathetic in Auckland in his match against Bautista Agut. The 5 set format doesn't suit Sock in my opinion and I'm happy to oppose him here.

Murray v Soeda: I like Soeda with +9.5 games handicap here @ even money with 365. Soeda is a decent player and Murray is not the Murray of last year just yet. 2pts play.

Nadal v Tomic: While I think Nadal will win the match, I cannot possibly see why Tomic is a 12/1 shot. He is a superb shotmaker and can be so so dangerous, especially at home in Australia. Nadal got the worst possible draw he could have gotten and there a few bets I like here. I will have 1pt on Tomic to win @ 12/1. I will have 5 points, a max bet, on Tomic +8.5 games @ 8/13 with Bet365, and I will also have 3 points on Tomic to win a set @ 6/4 with either Ladbrokes or Skybet. Potentially a week-changing match here tipping wise! Tomic needs to serve big and remain agressive. I am confident he will do both.

Womens:

Pereira v Pavlyuchenkova: I will have 1 pt win on Pereira here @ 7/2 purely since her opponent is still not fully recovered from injury. Make sure to back it with a bookies who honours bets after one set has been played or even better, after one ball has been struck. 1pt


Come back tomorrow for Wednesday's picks! Follow on Twitter @tennis_backer

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment