About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Australian Open Day 4

I have to acknowledge what a brutal day yesterday was. The only winner I went for was Fognini who easily beat Nieminen. Of the other losers, the only one I regret tipping up is Benneteau. In hindsight, Robredo over 5 sets is hard to beat and Benneteau is probably not one to rely on. I still maintain Bencic had a great chance, it's just a pity she took 6 full games before she got into the match. Twice she was up a break in that second set and also had chances in the breaker. And finally, the Istomin match. The head to head going in was 3-0 Tursunov. Tursunov beat him in straight sets last week, and there was 4/5 to be had. Hard to argue with.

Anyway, that's the post mortem out of the way, and, looking ahead to Day 4, I feel there is very little worth betting on so I don't have too many recommendations:

Berrer v Lopez: Lopez looks a certainty here albeit at the prohibitive price of 1/3. Berrer really is pretty useless and Lopez does everything better than him. 1/6 shot for me. 5pts Lopez

Rola v Klizan: I think Klizan is just about worth a bet at 8/13 and has way more experience on this stage than Blaz Rola who, it has to be said, is in nice shape himself. I'll have Klizan for the win for just 1pt @ 8/13 general

Lu v Dimitrov: I think this is the exact kind of match Dimitrov might have lost a year ago or so, but I think with Roger Rasheed at the helm he will get it done tonight and 8/15 is a nice price. Dimitrov has matured a bit and he has everything. He serves way better than Lu but will have to be on his game to beat the Auckland runner-up who is in good from himself. I'll take Dimitrov for 2pts @ 8/15

Paire v Kyrgios: I am going to take Paire here @ 2/5 just because I think this match comes a year or two too soon for Kyrgios, another young Aussie hope with a bright future. If Paire serves like he should he will be ok. 2 points Paire

Voegele v Cibulkova: I will take Cibulkova here @ 8/15 - thought she would be a bit shorter and her form looks good too. Better player than Voegele. 2pts.

Hope things go a bit better than yesterday

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment