About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Friday 27 December 2013

Mubadala Final and ATP Qualies

So David Ferrer really showed up today and sent a dismal Nadal packing in what was a bit of a surprise result to be fair. Everything else went to script with Murray coming in at 4/5 and with Djokovic overcoming Tsonga 7-6 6-3. That first set was so close and I was impressed with Tsonga in general. I think given all the displays we saw today, I would rank them as follows - Ferrer, Djokovic, Tsonga, Murray, Nadal, Wawrinka in that order. Looking to tomorrow:

Djokovic v Ferrer:

Djokovic beat Ferrer 6-0 6-3 here in the final last year and I think it will be a straight sets win again for the Serb but no bet advised as 1.19 is too prohibitive!

Nadal v Tsonga:

I have been burned in the past on occasions where I thought Tsonga could hit through Nadal but on this occasion, I am willing to have a bet on Tsonga at 3.1 to beat a very off-key Rafa. Jo looks very polished, aggressive, and the courts are to his liking. He has a great chance here and a small bet at 21/10 is the order of the day.

Chennai Qualies:

One bet I like here is 11/10 on Karen Kachanov to beat Hiroki Moriya in the ATP Chennai Qualifiers at 11/10. A lot of good things coming out of Russia about this chap and he played well in St Petersburg and Moscow in 2013 with wins already over Hanescu and Ramos. 11/10 looks too big to me in his first foray into an ATP tournament outside of the shackles of the iron curtain!

Tsonga to beat Nadal at 21/10
Kachanov to beat Moriya at 11/10

No comments:

Post a Comment