About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Monday 2 September 2013

US Open Monday (Day 8)

Sunday went a beautiful 4 from 4 on the men's sidefor another 100% day  including a nice 5/2 winner on Seppi/Istomin going 5 sets, but unfortunately a horrible 0 from 2 on the women's side with Sloane inexplicably falling apart in the second set and so failing to cover the +6.5 games handicap somehow. I'm not recommending any more women's matches regardless of what I think about it!

Really quick as I am late with the blog today, here are today's few tips:

Federer v Robredo:Robredo +8.5 games @ 8/11 is the bet here. Federer has been good but Robredo is no mug and how they are giving him the same handicap as Mannarino is an insult to Robredo's skills. I expect Federer will probably get the job done in straights but I still like Robredo with the handicap.

Raonic v Gasquet: I really like Raonic to ocme through this match. I haven't been overly impressed with Gasquet while Raonic has been making his way nicely through the draw. The Missile is decent value in my book @ 1.75 and I think that's a safe enough bet. Raonic in 4.

Tipsarevic v Ferrer: just a straight-up match bet in this one - no way Ferrer loses it for my money and if you don't mind taking a 1/3 shot - Ferrer will win. Alternatively, wait for larger odds in-play if you can get them.

Nadal v Kohlschreiber: Kohlschreiber +8.5 games is the bet here. It can be had with a couple of the bookies. Way too generous. I think about 6 or 7 games. He is a lovely player on hard court and serves well. Nadal will win, probably in straights too, but 8.5 games is too big. Very similiar to the Federer v Robredo match.

Enjoy the tennis. Best of luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment