About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Saturday 31 August 2013

US Open Saturday (Day 6)

Friday at the US Open was the best day I've had yet with 5 wins from five picks to follow up four wins from five picks on Thursday. Hoping to keep a decent run going today:

Kukushkin v Ferrer: lay Ferrer to win 3-0 in this one @ 1.7 on BEtfair. To the same extent, you can back Kukushkin to get a set (which is the same thing) with Hills at a whopping 13/8 which I really like. Most of the other bookies are 11/8 or so. He is not the kind of guy Ferrer will like to face. Kukushkin can hit his winners and I'm still not convinced by Ferrer yet

Lopez v Raonic: 2 or more tie-breaks in this match at 21/20 is a bet I like here. While I don't particularly like backing tie-breaks, these two guys are serve machines and I can't see there being more than one or two breaks of serve in the whole match. Another bet you can take if you like is a tie-break in the first set @ 7/4 which seems like a decent bet to my mind.

Dodig v Nadal: Dodig + 9.5 games @ 8/13 with 365 is the bet here. I can't see Nadal beating Dodig 3, 3, and 3 and I wouldn't even be surprised if Dodig took a set. He won their only other hard court match and has just beaten Fernando Verdasco. If you want slightly better odds, + 8.5 is available @ 21/20 but safety first in my eyes! Take the extra game's insurance

Federer v Mannarino: Similar to the one above, I think Mannarino + 9.5 games @ 4/5 is a decent bet v Federer. He is not easy to break, is a lefty which Federer won't like, and is on an upward curve with Roger gong the opposite direction. This is a night match which will favour Federer but I still think it will be a little closer than the handicap suggests. I think about 7 games would be right.

Isner v Kohlschreiber: One final handicap bet to finsih off with. In my opinion, there is a chance Kohlschreiber beats Isner today, but we are going to play it safe and take the German + 4.5 games @ 4/6 with 365. All the other bookies have 3.5 games so again, the extra game is a bit of added insurance. Kohly beat Isner here the last time they met so don't be surprised if he does it again but the handicap seems a nice bet to me against the American tie-break artist

Kuznetsova v Pennetta: Making a rare foray into the women's markets, one price that caught my eye was the 8/11 on offer for Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat the Italian clay courter Pennetta. Kuznetsova has a 5-0 record over the Italian and while her form is not what it should be compared to a few years back, Pennetta will have her work cut out. I will take the Russian at those odds every day of the week. If she shows up playing even her B game, she wins.

Best of luck and enjoy the tennis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment