About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Friday 30 August 2013

US Open Friday (Day 5)

Thursday was my best day yet at the US Open with the picks going 4 from 5. The only one letting us down was Bernard Tomic who lost to Dan Evans despite winning the first set 6-1. All in all a very good day and hopefully more of the same today. Let's cut straight to the chase:

Dolgopolov v Youzhny: I think Youzhny is the more solid, consistent player here and I would rather have my money riding on him than Dolgopolov. Take Youzhny @ 8/13

Seppi v Devvarman: I think this should be about a 1.30 shot so take the 4/9 about Seppi if you can still find it. He will be too solid and too good for Devvarman whose good run is about to come to an end.

Young v Mayer: This one puts up a proper player against a hyped-up, useless name. 8/13 is too big for Florian Mayer. Young was made to look better than he is against Klizan the last day out. Klizan should forget about tennis - Donald Young will be put to the sword today and I would have a decent bet on Mayer in this one. Very confident

Baghdatis v Anderson: I think Baggy + 4.5 games is not a bad bet here and is 10/11 with some bookies while as short as 8/11 elsewhere. Marcos looked pretty good against Soeda, and Anderson has been in suspect form recently. Take one of my all-time favourite players plus 4.5 games

Hewitt v Del Potro: I have to say, despite not being a fan of the brash Aussie at all, I think Hewitt to win a set at even money is a bit of a steal. Historically, he has always done very well against Del Potro and there is no indication that in a five set match, he can't win one of them. Garcia-Lopez bossed DelPo at times in round one and it should have gone to five sets. I think this one will go at least four and possibly five. Another decent bet on Hewitt to get a set here at EVS.

Enjoy the tennis and good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment