About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Sunday 7 July 2013

Wimbledon final

Djokovic v Murray. The final that we predicted here two weeks ago and to be fair, one which wasn't too difficult to predict. Along with Rafa who can't play on grass anymore, these are the best two players in the world. Del Potro is now a close fourth. I got the men's semi finals spot on in terms of the recommended bets. I had no real interest in a dull women's final yesterday but am excited about today for sure. I have been thinking about it and I am leaning towards just enjoying it as a fan than having a bet on it. If I was to have a bet on it, then Murray would be the choice for me. I still might back him, but you have to remember when you back Murray, you are taking on Novak Djokovic. There are easier ways to win a 6/4 bet. For any Djokovic fans, I don't think there is any value to be had. I think Murray is a better grass court player. It will be a close match - both are in great form. Murray had an easier semi final, Murray will have the home crowd, and Murray will have the extra bit of hunger considering he never won this title before.  Murray is the value in the match betting for sure - it is up to you if you want to back him. I'm still undecided. Murray to win 3-2 is 6.6 on Betfair and is the most likely score if he is to win, in my opinion. On more betting market which interests me is the ace count. Djokovic to have more aces @ 6/4 on betfair seems to be a decent value bet. He had more than Murray in their five set encounters at the Aussie Open final and at the US Open final. He also had more than DelPo and Berdych in their matches this week and seems to be serving very well. Both guys return so well so it is a bit of a lottery but 6/4 seems good for a pick 'em. Take Murray in 5 and enjoy the tennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment