About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Thursday 27 June 2013

Wimbledon Round Three Picks - Friday

Absolutely bumper day on Wedensday with three winners from three picks. Seppi @ 2.46 won via retirement after winning the first set 7-5 over Llodra. As usual, with betfair rules, once a set is complete you get paid out - none of this voiding business! Lisicki hammered Vesnina @1.75 and most importantly, Tomic won the main bet @ 1.68 which was a massive price. Still in an area with no WiFi and only my phone for use so a shortish blog again. I have two recommendations for tomorrow, both which I am very confident about.

Gulbis v Verdasco: Ernests Gulbis looked like a man on a mission when taking out Tsonga on Wednesday. Granted Big Jo hurt himself but Gulbis looked to be on fire. I am always happy to oppose Verdasco on any surface, but particularly on grass, and particularly against a proper grass court player like Gulbis. Verdasco surprised me with wins over Malisse and Benneteau to get this far - but neither of those guys hit the ball as big as Gulbis. I think Gulbis is a phenomenal talent - top five material for sure. He is 1.87 to win tomorrow, much longer than I expected, and I will be backing him to win. I would have preferred if this match was on centre but Gulbis should get it done nonetheless.

Janowicz v Almagro: much like the Gulbis bet above, Janowicz has impressed me to no end so far in this tournament. He has looked supreme against Edmund and Stepanek, massive serving and massive groundies as well as some deft touch around the net. He moves pretty well on grass, much better than Almagro and I think 1.80 is too big. He is shortening all the time so get on quick - I can't see JJ being beaten. Someone from this section is going to make the semis - I think it could well be Janowicz.

They are my two recommendations for Thursday. If you fancy it, I think Melzer will beat Federer's conqueror Stakhovsky. He is just a shade of odds against and I think he will bring the Ukrainian back down to earth! Best of luck Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment