About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Sunday 21 April 2013

Rafa v Nole Review plus Barcelona & Bucharest rd 1

We finished Monte Carlo with another positive betting recommendation which was to lay Rafa 2-0 @ 2.20. I had been tempted to back Nole at 2/1 but Nadal was king of the clay and this was his palace after all. What transpired was some breathtaking tennis from Novak Djokovic, so solid in every department as usual. His backhand cross court and his return of serve really stood out to me today, along with practically all of Rafa's net play, but for very different reasons. Nadal has looked like a beginner at the net all week and that is something I'm sure Uncle Toni will rectify for the coming weeks. In terms of Roland Garros, Nadal has shifted from 1.70 to 2.00 while Djokovic has moved in from 4.50 to 2.86 which is a real sickener as I was going to take him a week ago at the larger price!

Anyway, looking closer to the present... This week brings us to Barcelona for a 500 and Bucharest for a 250. Nadal has another ridiculous streak going in Barcelona and he will not be beaten there this week. There is no Nole and no real danger to Rafa. In Bucharest, I fancy maybe Gael Monfils as an outside shot @ 12.00 on the exchanges. He will have to beat Fognini in rd one which will be one of my recommendations in tomorrow's blog.

Other than that, there are a few matches which appeal to me tomorrow but none more so than Pablo Andujar v Grega Zemlja in Barcelona. Andujar is THE mental midget of mental midgets and is coming up against a player who I believe to be very under-rated. Zemlja is priced @ 2.76 on Betfair and that is a recommended bet for tomorrow. In other matches, I might take a small cut at an accumulator just for something very different! I fancy Zemlja, Carreno-Busta, Montanes, Bedene, Gulbis, Kuznetsov, and Lorenzi all to progress in Barcelona. I never do accumulators but this is day one after a good week in Monte Carlo and I think €5 returns about €350 so why not have a cut! If you just fancy the one bet, take Zemlja as the bet of the day. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment