About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Thursday 25 April 2013

Barcelona and Bucharest Friday

Thursday was a fantastic day for the blog with 2 wins from 2. Bellucci beat Tursunov in Barcelona @ 1.92 and Mayer beat Goffin in Bucharest @ 1.82 both as recommended by this blog yesterday. Another tip from yesterday, Martin Klizan (tipped @ 2.32) is now only two games from victory over Phillip Kohlschreiber and is ahead 4-3 in the third set. He is now priced at about 1.77 and I reckon he will close it out in the morning. Unfortunately, the rains arrived in Barcelona at that point and haven't ceased since.Here's hoping we will have a dryer day tomorrow.

Because of that deluge today, tomorrow is an absolutely packed schedule in Barcelona. Two of my other recommendations from yesterday still haven't taken to the court. Gulbis takes on Raonic tomorrow and I am sticking with my man Gulbis who is now available @ almost 2.50 or 6/4 in old money on the exchanges. Have a read of yesterday's entry for why I fancy Gulbis here. I will stick with my recommendation for a small bet on Tommy Robredo to beat Tomas Berdych as well.

In new action tomorrow, there are two matches taking place in the Bucharest QF's that I fancy. I think Viktor Troicki will be too solid on these clay courts for Lukas Rosol. Troicki is certainly a better player than Rosol and especially so on clay. Rosol has had a good tournament but Troicki is proven on the red stuff and indeed famously forced Andy Murray to five absolutely punishing sets at the French in 2010. Troicki has been in brutal form for a long spell but has shown signs of a comeback in recent weeks and I am very confident he will beat Rosol here. Take Troicki @ 2.02 on Betfair.

The other match I am interested in is Florian Mayer v Victor Hanescu. Mayer is available @ 1.90 and I think he is a far more complete player than the Romanian. Probably the only reason the betting is so close for this one is because Hanescu will have a home crowd to cheer him on. He is a decent player on clay. Nothing more. And he has long since had his day. I think Mayer is a far better all-round player and again, I am quite confident that the German will come through here. Take Mayer @ 1.90.

To conclude, Friday's recommendations are: Gulbis @ 2.50, Robredo @ 3.10, Troicki @ 2.02, and Mayer @ 1.90. Hope we have another day like today! Come on Ernests! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment