About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Saturday 30 March 2013

Miami Final

Haven't seen much of the tennis at all over the last few days. I am in Portugal at the moment with no TV and no WIFI where I am staying so that makes it quite difficult! I was slightly disappointed Tommy Haas couldn't drive home his advantage over Ferrer, but I like David too so I hope he plays a good final. Murray was always going to win the other semi, and I would have loved to be looking at it in play and backing him a set down.

Anyway, to be honest, I don't think there is much to see in terms of the final. Murray will win it whatever Ferrer throws at him. I think he will get it done in staights but I hope Ferrer can stretch it to three and even take the first set, just to make it exciting from a neutral point of view. In my mind, there is literally nothing Ferrer does better than Andy Murray. Murray moves better, Murray defends better, Murray serves better, Murray returns better, Murray volleys better, and Murray has more belief and confidence as well as more solid, penetrating groundies from either wing.

I won't be backing it at 1.33 as that is too short to entice me in - I never take anything shorter than 1.50 - but maybe if Ferrer can get up and running Andy might drift out towards 1.70 or 1.80 and I would back him at that price for sure!

Enjoy the final anyway, hopefully I can see it somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment