About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Miami QF Wednesday

Had another good day yesterday with both Gasquet and Melzer coming through. Tsonga let me down a bit against Cilic but we live to fight another day! Another match of note was Tommy Haas' victory over Novak which was a massive surprise late last night. It sets up tonight's matches with Gilles Simon v Tommy Haas as the night match at 1.00am Irish time and David Ferrer v Jurgen Melzer in about ten minute's time.

Melzer was priced @ 9/1 earlier on the exchanges and I snapped that up - he is now just over 5/1. I think he can definitely trouble Ferrer. Not sure if Melzer can beat him, (which he has done before), but I think this will be a close match. Melzer is not stupid enough to get involved in baseline rallies with Ferrer so I expect him to play uber-aggressive tennis. It will either come off or it won't. It is worth remembering that he is on a nine match winning streak on hard courts since two weeks ago.

In the other QF I am going with Gilles Simon to spring the upset against the in-form Haas. Nole made a lot of errors last night and while Tommy has a fantastic all court game, he won't have the same chances against Simon as the Frenchman will just stay at the back of the court and happily trade punches, pushing back every ball Haas sends his way. I am going for Simon to out-grind Tommy Haas and I am trying to come up with some good way to talk myself into staying up half the night for it!

Take Melzer at 11/2 and trade in play if it's going well, and take Simon to beat Haas at 2.66

No comments:

Post a Comment