About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Friday 25 January 2013

Federer v Murray Review + Women's Final



Looking back at today's semi-final match between Murray and Federer, I think the right man won, but it took a little longer than necessary to do it. Murray came out on top in all the important statistics, none more so than the scoreboard. Apart  from his wobble trying to serve out the match at 2-1, 6-5, Murray was impressive. I actually believe Federer was very unsporting in that moment when he clearly said something inaudible to the Scot when he was trying to serve out the match. It definitely affected Murray and let Federer back into the set, ultimately pushing the match to a fifth. Federer never looked likely to win this match, a point emphasized by the fact that Murray never touched odds against all day. My bet at 2.00 was never matched, which is fine. I still believe 1.70 was too small for an SP.

Murray will recover just fine for the final and I give him a good shot against Djokovic. But that's for another day. Early betting for the final looks like 1.60 for Nole and 2.60 for Andy which seems about fair. Murray has certainly improved his forehand but if I was him I would work on the volley and the second serve tomorrow - both of which need to be on song for the final match on Sunday morning at 08.30 Irish time.

For tomorrow's women's final, I think Azarenka looks like good value at 1.80 to beat Li Na. I think Azarenka will come out on top, probably over three sets, and am willing to back a women's match for a change given the fact that it is a grand slam final and I think there is value to be had!

Recommended bets:

Victoria Azarenka to beat Li Na 3pts @ 1.80

No comments:

Post a Comment