About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Wednesday 16 January 2013

17/01/2013 Australian Open Day 4



Yesterday was the best betting day so far in Melbourne with two from three and a profit of 2 points. Malisse looked lacklustre as he was outclassed in every department by a very much in-form Fernando Verdasco. Jurgen Melzer got the better of Roberto Bautista-Agut as predicted and Lacko gave us more than just the set we needed, indeed he nearly took the win against Janko Tipsarevic.

Moving onto day 4 Down Under, there are a couple of close matches in which I like a player, and then there are matches where I would like to pick the winner but won't as my brain is telling me the opposite to my heart! One that fits into the latter category is Istomin v Seppi. Istomin is 2.6 and has been in fantastic form, I really like his game and would love to tip him but won't because Seppi will probably just about win this one. They had a 5 set thriller in Wimbledon which Istomin won but I am going to leave the betting on this one, reluctantly! Elsewhere, I see Federer having a closer contest this time around and am happy to oppose him to win 3-0 at 1.55. Davydenko has come into this tournament looking in good form again and I'm pretty sure he can take a set from the great man. Likewise, but with slightly less confidence, I am going to also lay Juan Martin del Potro to win 3-0 against the in-form Benny Becker. Becker has a great serve and has been hitting well off both wings so I think 1.38 for a 3-0 DelPo win is far too short.Finally, I am back to match odds for the last two bets and will take Florian Mayer to upset Ricardis Berankis at 2.06. The talented Lithuanian is a joy to watch while Mayer, put simply, is not! But I think Mayer's experience on the big stage will matter here and any man who can beat Nadal is good enough for me! The last bet today is Marcel Granollers to beat Jeremy Chardy at odds of 1.83. He looked good against Zemlja and Chardy can be very touch and go.

Recommended bets:
Lay Roger Federer to beat Nikolay Davydenko 3-0 1pt @ 1.58
Lay Juan Martin del Potro to beat Benjamin Becker 3-0 1pt @ 1.38
Marcell Granollers to beat Jeremy Chardy 2pts @ 1.83
Florian Mayer to beat Ricardis Berankis 1pt @ 2.06

No comments:

Post a Comment