About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Thursday 17 January 2013

18/01/2013 Australian Open Day 5

 
Very bad day yesterday, but bailed out by Monfils against Lu so still in the green, unfortunately not in the tipping department though! Anyway, very short blog tonight. Take Fernando Verdasco to beat Kevin Anderson. Verdasco looked class against Malisse, and loves it around Melbourne Park. I think he will beat the big serving Afrikaaner.

*Edit (22.51GMT) Was rushing earlier, but having had a little more time to think about tonight's matches, I am going to recommend one more bet for tonight and that is for Marcos Baghdatis, the adopted son of Melbourne, to take at least a set against Ferrer. Marcos has been in decent form and this tournament brings out the best in him. I remember he went two sets down to Ferrer here in 2009 or 2010 I believe and came back to win, spurred on by his legion of raucous fans! While I don't think he will beat the soon-to-be world number four, I also don't think Ferrer will beat my favourite player in straights. Lay Ferrer 3-0.

Recommended Bets:
Fernando Verdasco to beat Kevin Anderson 2pts @ 2.32
Lay David Ferrer to beat Marcos Baghdatis 3-0 2pts @ 2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment