About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Sunday 19 January 2014

Australian Open Day 8

Another mixed day yesterday with Wawrinka and Ivanovic good results but Anderson and Fognini not even close to covering their handicaps. Gonna stick with it until the end of the tournament despite the bad run!

Dimitrov v Bautista-Agut: Dimitrov is a fantastic price here at 6/11 with Boyles and 4/7 general. I think he's about a 1/3 shot and I think he's almost certianly going to win. I think there is a gulf in class here and I think Dimitrov, playing with the confidence he now has, will expose Bautista-Agut for the pusher that he is. 5 points maximum bet on Dimitrov. 

Tsonga v Federer: This is the best bet of the tournament for me so far. Tsonga had Federer's number these days. I'm convinced of it. He was able to beat Federer back in Federer's peak years, so I think given Federer's decline and Tsonga's run of form and love for this tournament, I think 7/5 is an outstanding price and I'm very confident Tsonga will beat Federer here. Having 5points maximum bet on Big Jo

Stephens v Azarenka: I think Stephens is not without her chance here. She has been playing very well and the Aussie Open is her best slam having made the semis here last year. I like her to get a set here @ 7/4 and will have 2 points on that with a further point on Azarenka to win 2-1 @ 7/2 

Jankovic v Halep: Going for 2 pt win on Jankovic here @ 5/4. I see it as pretty much a pickem match with Halep the up and comer and Jankovic the established name who seems in decent form herself. 5/4 seems to be good value for a small bet.

Radwanska v Muguruza: I'm going for Radwanska here who I think is over-priced @ 1/2. She's number 4 in the world and should beat Muguruza for sure. Muguruza is going to be a good player in the years to come but this one comes a bit soon for her. 5 pts Radwanska @ 1/2

Over and out


No comments:

Post a Comment