About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Men's QF Picks

Brutal day in the women's QF's! Not even going to go into it - Lisicki was the only winner I would have picked so let's move swiftly onto the men's - much more predictable altogether!

Djokovic v Berdych: Berdych has come up against his worst possible opponent here. Djokovic is the worst man on tour for the Itchy Bird to meet and it will be a victory for Nole in this one. Berdych obviously has a massive game and can trouble anyone on his day but I like his chances better against Nole over 3 sets rather than 5 where I think Berdych is likely to drop his level at some stage. In terms if any betting opportunities, I do like Berdych to take a set and so you can back over 3.5 sets with any of the bookies @ about even money or lay Nole 3-0 on Betfair for a similar price. Nole in 4. Would be surprised if it went any further than that.

Ferrer v Del Potro: In this match at last year's Championship, I made every argument under the sun to convince myself that Del Potro would and should beat Ferrer on grass. Ferrer promptly made a joke of my thoughts and analysis and I have never doubted him since. Ferrer just doesn't lose big matches to anyone bar Nadal, Murray, Federer, or Djokovic. You can expect Del Po to hit some sensational winners and over-power Ferrer at times, but just not often enough to get the win. I think Del Po is carrying a slight ankle injury and if he gets behind early at any stage I don't know how big his fight will be. I recommend backing Ferrer to progress @ 1.75 or wait for a slightly better price in play if the chance arises. Ferrer either in 4 or in 5.

Murray v Verdasco: Fernando Verdasco has impressed me more in this tournament than he has in any tournament since the Australian Open 2009. He has taken out Malisse, Benneteau, Gulbis, and de Schepper to get to this stage and has looked every inch the top 10 player he was back in 2009. Murray looks to be a real title contender this year and I actually think he will win the whole thing but expect Verdasco to give him his sternest test yet tomorrow. I think Verdasco is capable of getting a set and that is the only betting market I will be getting involved in. Lay Murray 3-0 @ 1.70. Murray in 4.

Janowicz v Kubot: I think this is a mis-match. Kubot is one of the weakest players of all time to get to this stage of Wimbledon and has had a joke of a route to get here. I think Janowicz will school him and I like the taller Pole to come through this Polish Power affair in straight sets. Janowicz looks too big for me @ 2.50 to win in straights and he is worth backing at that price. I can't see Kubot breaking him at all and would certainly favour JJ in a breaker should it get there.

I am going to do a small multi tomorrow on Ferrer, over 3.5 in both Murray and Djokovic matches, and JJ to win 3-0. Comes out @ 15/1 if you fancy a proper punt!!

Enjoy the men's quarters! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment