About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Sunday 19 May 2013

Rome Final

After correctly predicting that both Rafa and Roger would win in straight sets in their semi finals, I now have two recommended bets for the final this afternoon.

The way I see this match, Rafa is going to find things a lot easier against Federer than he did against Gulbis or even Ferrer. I think Federer is still quite a long way from his best form - in fact, I think his decline is permanent and that we will never see his top form ever again. Federer coming up against Rafa on clay, like today, is the worst possible match up in tennis in my opinion. We know exactly what will happen before the match begins. Rafa will play very high-percentage tennis. He will hit all his serves to the Federer backhand, and he will hit over 90% of his groundstrokes to the Federer backhand as well. The Federer backhand will inevitably break down, Rafa will make very few errors, and this match will be over in easy straights.

My two recommended bets for today are Nadal to win 2-0 which is available @ 1.75 and then Nadal -4.5 games @ 2.10 on Betfair. I think this match could be about 6-2 6-3 or something like that and so I feel relatively confident for the above bets, particularly the set betting one which is a sure thing.

Enjoy the tennis and watch how Rafa predictably goes to the backhand as he has done for the past 8 years.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment