About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Roland Garros Thursday Week 1

Our recommendations came in at a 100% strike rate today - four out of four. They were all odds-on, 1.80 on Troicki, 1.80 on Zeballos, 1.30 on Raonic, and 1.50 on Seppi but four wins from four can't be argued with and I am confident we are finally on our way to a profitable French Open after a mixed first round! The only downfall of the day today was when Gulbis was taken out of the tournament by Gael Monfils, thus relieving us of our outright dark horse @ 130.00! I didn't see the match due to work, but am led to believe that Gulbis pretty much beat himself and that Monfils was quite content to put  the ball back in play. Either way, hats off to Monfils, he has come through the most difficult route in the whole tournament so far and I would now love to see him go deep. In case you haven't seen this clip of him dancing on court in 2011, I will pop it in here as it is well worth a watch! What a legend!

Anyway, getting back on topic and taking a look at tomorrow's matches in the French capital. Here are the few I have a betting interest in and my recommendations:

Djokovic v Pella: I am going to recommend taking Pella +10.5 games in this one @ 1.90 on Betfair. I think his game is better than that and I would expect at least one competitive set which would go a long way towards covering the handicap.

Fognini v Rosol: I think Fabio Fognini is a good bet in this one @ 1.58 on Betfair. His pedigree is far stronger on clay than Rosol's and I think his history and past performances here will inspire him to victory in 4 sets. Both these guys are shotmakers but Fognini is the classier operator and the clay surface plays more to his strengths than Rosol's.

Tursunov v Hanescu: I can't see why Victor Hanescu is the strong favourite for this match. Tursunov leads the head to head, is the classier player, the more complete and dangerous player, and has been in great form this season, as proven by knocking Ferrer out in Barcelona and knocking Dolgopolov out in the first round here. I am making Tursunov my main recommendation of the day tomorrow and I think the 2.46 odds available on Betfair are enormous value indeed. I would rate Hanescu's chances here at the very best at about 50% so by that reasoning, this is a must-back. Take the Russian in 4.

Other winners tomorrow should be: Kohlschreiber, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Paire, Wawrinka, Youzhny, Janowicz, Nadal, Verdasco, Haas, Isner, Davydenko, and Gasquet. And just to point out that we got every single winner correct on Wednesday apart from Gulbis! So that was a nice record to have, and hopefully we will have a similar outcome tomorrow. Enjoy the tennis and come on Dimitry! Over and out :)



No comments:

Post a Comment