About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Monday 6 May 2013

Madrid Tuesday

Monday at Madrid was not too kind to us! Melzer was well and truly outclassed by Nishikori - I have never seen Kei hit the ball as well on clay, he truly bossed this match and had Melzer scurrying around like a fruitcake all match! It was fantastic hitting and showed me what way the court is playing this year. In the other match, Lopez won the first set before snatching defeat from the jaws of victory to notch up a pretty lame defeat to DGT. So, all in all a bad day, but a better one lies in store tomorrow!

I am only recommending two guys for tomorrow, both odds on shots, but ones which I am very confident of. Firstly, I am recomminding Martin Klizan to outclass Santiago Giraldo @ 1.64. Klizan is a superior player to the Colombian, and he is very adept on this surface as shown in previous weeks. I am going for Klizan to beat Giraldo in my first bet for tomorrow. My second bet for tomorrow is an absolute MAX bet on John Isner to beat Pablo Andujar. This is priced at the moment @ 1.54 on the exchanges and I cannot possibly see this price lasting until the morning. Isner looked excellent today in disposing of three-name Lopez in straight sets and he will hammer Andujar tomorrow. No question about it. Isner will win this match and I would also pretty much guarantee it will be in straight sets too. His serve and forehand are phenomenal, particularly on this surface. The altitude helps his game and the amount of kick on his second serve is unbelievable. If I was pricing this game, I would have Isner about 1.33 and so 1.54 is huge value for tomorrow and is a MAXIMUM bet recommendation. Empty the coffers for this one, and it is not often I say that!!

They are the only two bets I am recommending for tomorrow, but if you want my two cents worth on the other winners for the day, I would go for: Fognini, Paire, Monaco, Wawrinka, Gasquet, Haas, Troicki, Robredo, Simon, Federer, Murray, Raonic, and Djokovic.

Finally, in other thoughts on the outright winner, Federer is still available @ pretty much 20/1 on the exchanges and, judging by the way the courts are playing, that seems like a good bet. These courts are almost indoors and he has beaten Rafa here before. 20/1 would be 6/4 if he somehow reaches the final!

Enjoy tomorrow's action. Over & out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment