About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Monte-Carlo rd 2 - Wednesday



Ernests Gulbis provided me with the biggest win of the day today in Monte Carlo. Once he found his feet against Isner he was far too good and never looked like losing. Isner played a lovely first set but I think once Gulbis settled down and cut out the UE's he really has Isner under control and actually finished the match with some pretty good numbers. Another recommeded bet from today was Grigor Dimitrov to beat Janko Tipsarevic which he did in relatively comfortable straights. Dimitrov was odds against and it just goes to show that the favourite doesn't always win. Stick to your gut feeling on who will win a match and don't be swayed too much by the odds.

Tomorrow, I have once again taken Gulbis as pretty much my only bet of the day. He takes on Juan Monaco in the last match on Princes and I have backed EG at 2.00 on Bet365. Since that time, he has moved in as far as 1.79 to 1.82 on the exchanges and will certainly start the match as favourite. He really has the bit between his teeth and even though Pico is an out and out dirtballer I still fancy Gulbis to level up their head to head at 2-2 tomorrow evening. Monaco's season up to Argentina's DC tie with France 10 days ago was nothing short of pathetic but he seems to have found some form since then. However, he did lose in the Houston SF to Isner and I think mentally he can definitely be found wanting when push somes to shove. When Pico drops the hand and has a little feel around sometimes he finds nothing there.... Take Gulbis at 1.9 to progress tomorrow.

In other matches Wednesday, I fancy Berdych, Rafa, Djokovic, and Murray, and then for the less obvious ones I would go for Raonic, Fognini, Almagro, Cilic, Wawrinka, and maybe Mayer over Bautista-Agut. The only one I would have a bet on there would be Fognini to take out Albert Ramos but my main recommendation for tomorrow is for Gulbis. Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment