About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Saturday 23 March 2013

Miami Sunday

This blog had a great day with the Miami Sony Open today. The only tip from yesterday, Thomaz Bellucci, emerged victorious against Jerzy Janowizc at odds of 3.00 or 2/1 in what was a fiesty tempered affair on court 1. Bellucci was always the favourite for this match in my book and I couldn't believe he was trading at 3.00. JJ showed how bad he can be, with his ludicrous drop shotting and his numerous double faults. Once Bellucci won the opening set, the writing was on the wall and was at his ease in the deciding stanza. Anyway, in other matches today, I backed Berdych while a set and a mini-break down in the tie break to Daniel Gimeno-Traver. Berdych came through to win and those were the only matches I got involved in today. Unfortunately, I never backed Mikhail Youzhny as he romped to a final set win over Yen Hsun Lu, but also I never backed Philipp Kohlschreiber who lost to David Goffin  so things evened themselves out there. I have also decided to stay away from the Verdasco - Falla affair as neither can be trusted and it seems safer to stay away! Elsewhere, Murray annihilated a lazy, lacklustre, barbarous Bernard Tomic on Stadium Court.

Tomorrow (Sunday) only gives me one match I have a betting interest in: Tommy Haas v Alexandr Dolgopolov. The odds are currently 1.80 for Haas and 2.20 for The Dog. I think based on his performance against Davydenko, I will be going for Dolgopolov to come through here. Haas is a reliable player but he is a veteran at this stage. If Dolgopolov plays his best stuff, which I think he might, Haas will be a beaten docket. Dolgopolov seems to be playing with more motivation here than in previous tournaments and I am going to back him to take out Haas with aggressive play from both wings, as is his norm.

In other matches on Sunday, I expect Anderson to beat Tipsarevic, Seppi to beat Bellucci, Cilic to beat Isner, Nishikori to beat Malisse, Blake to beat Ramos, and Almagro to beat Goffin but I won't be betting on any of those unless something attractive comes up in running, as was the case with Berdych today. Enjoy the tennis tomorrow and hopefully some of you backed Bellucci today!

No comments:

Post a Comment