About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Thursday 5 September 2013

US Open Thursday (Day 11)

Wednesday continued the winning trend with Nadal covering the -8.5 game handicap @ 2.00 on Betfair and also covering the 3-0 set betting @ 4/9. The only other tip for yesterday ended up being a void bet as both Ferrer and Gasquet served 3 double faults apiece so bring your slips back for that one if you've backed it. Very limited betting opportunites for today but I'll see what I can muster up:

Murray v Wawrinka: Firstly let me tell you what way I see this match going. I see one of these guys going out to a 2-0 lead before the other mounts a comeback, and Murray gets it done in 5. I like Wawrinka to beat the +5.5 games handicap @ 4/5 (general). Stan has always done well against Murray and beat him here in 2010. He has just hammered Berdych who hammered Murray in Cinci and this one will be tough. Wawrinka is a tough match-up for Murray. Look at their last meeting for evidence: Wawrinka 6-1 6-2. I am going to recommend the 5 sets here @ 7/2 with Hills which is a whopping price, and also a small bet on Murray 3-2 @ 6/1. That's three bets total for this match.

Youzhny v Djokovic: Youzhny has a 3-5 record against Nole and he is in good form. The times he has lost to the Serb have mostly been close encounters with the General getting a set. While I highly doubt we will be seeing Youzhny don his racket to the crowd like a gentleman tipping his cap at the end of this match, I do think he will cover the + 8.5 game handicap which can be had for even money. That's my bet for this match.

As a side note, Murray can be had @ 11/2 on Betfair and 5/1 with some of the bookies for the outright now which is an insult of a price. He holds the Wimbledon and US Open titles which means at this present moment, Andy Murray owns half of the Grand Slams form the last year. If you had said after Wimbledon that Murray would be availble @ 11/2 at the QF stage of the US Open, you'd be checking in for a little stay in the looney bin. Has he really done that much wrong to warrant 11/2? Not in my book. I still make him and Nole a toss up and the same with Rafa whoever meets him so do the maths.

Enjoy the tennis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment