About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Wednesday 's-Hertogenbosch & Eastbourne

Tuesday was a fantastic day at 's-Hertogenbosch and Eastbourne with 3 recommendations from 3 plus one retirement. To make things even better, the three winners came in at pretty much 2/1, 2/1, and 5/1 so it was pretty much as good as it gets! Weeks leading up to slams can be so dangerous with upsets and things like that as top players tend to take the foot off a little. For example, if Ferrer meets Malisse at SW19 I know Ferrer will win but I knew the Belgian had a great chance today and was possibly the bet of the year at 5/1! Likewise with Lu and Klizan who both won @ 2/1 even though they represented about a 50/50 chance of winning in my opinion as I said yesterday.

Anyway, let's have a look at Wednesday's action. I think he best matches might come from the final qualifying round at Wimbledon tomorrow but I am struggling to find any prices up anywhere so I will give my recommendations without any prices if I don't have any!

Brands v Garcia-Lopez: I am happy to take Brands here @ 1.90 on the exchanges. His game should be perfect for this surface and he should be more than able to beat GGL on a surface which is probably the Spaniard's worst. Brand's price is higher than I expected.

Benneteau v Tomic: this is a tough match-up. Both players are/have the potential to be excellent on this surface. Tomic won thier previous encounter and has broken a 3 match losing streak by defeating James Ward in straight sets on Tuesday. I think Tomic might prevail @ 2.32 even though I really like Benneteau's game on grass. I actually also like the winner of this one to potentially win the whole tournament outright. I'm going to take Tomic @ 2.32 to build on a good win today and recommend him @ 16/1 outright.

Klizan v Fognini: Martin Klizan at odds against represents a good bet here tomorrow. I suspect by the time the match begins he will be odds on so get on soon! He won their only previous encounter in easy straights and had a great (and easy) win over Viktor Troicki today. Grass should suit Klizan way more than it will suit Fognini, who is pretty bad on this surface to be honest. I will take the Slovak @ 2.10 on Betfair.

Edmunds v Simon: Just because Kyle Edmund is 6/1, he is worth a small bet tomorrow to build on his win over Kenny de Schepper in the first round. One thing we do know is that Edmund will be hugely up for this match while there is a strong possibilty that Simon could just go through the motions. I will have a small stake on Edmund in the hope Simon is tanking!

Brown v Korolev: This is one of those Wimbledon qualifying matches where there are no prices available yet. However, I like Dustin Brown to get the job done on this surface. I imagine the betting will be pretty close as Korolev is a former top 50 player in his own right but if Brown mixes things up like he can and serves & volleys as he did against Jiri Vesely today, then my money is on the Jamaican German to come through.

Rochus v Odesnik: I imagine that Olivier Rochus will begin as favourite for this one even though he is seeded 20th in the qualifying rounds and Odesnik is seeded 4th. I have no doubt that Rochus will win this one. How the organisers seeded him 20th is beyond me as I think he is by far the best player in the entire qualifying draw. Anything from 1.70 and upwards, take Rochus. He is a natural grass courter and will take his place in the main draw. 

's-Hertogenbosch outright: Now that Ferrer is out of the running, and giving the draw a closer inspection, I like the 7/1 available on Mike Llodra to take the title here. I thought Paire would be a tough obstacle for him but now that he is over that hurdle, I think he has a clear run to Wawrinka in the semis. Llodra has the game to beat Wawrinka on grass should that match-up materialise and Ferrer was the only one I would have been really worried about. He is a natural on grass and his S&V game is unstoppable when it is on.

Enjoy the tennis tomorrow. If we have a day even nearly as profitable as today then we will be doing very well. Until tomorrow, over and out. Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment