About Me

Ireland
Daily tennis betting blog for Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments only... Follow on Twitter every day for in-running selections in ALL tournaments: @Tennis_Backer

Friday 15 March 2013

IW Friday

Great win for Rafa last night over a very shabby looking Federer. He will take some stopping now but Berdych might be the man to do it? Just goes to show how close Ernests Gulbis is in terms of beinsg right up there in the men's game. I think he would have hammered Federer if he has beaten Rafa. Hopefully anyone who followed my tip would have layed him off when he was only 2 points from victory!

Moving onto tonight, I just watched Djokovic absolutely destroy Tsonga. It is such a horrible match up for the Frenchie, but Djokovic is pretty much unplayable at the moment and he will win this tournament. The second semi is where my interest is. There is a bit of hype about Murray v Delpo and I think people are fancying the Argentinian to spring an upset. He does come into the match in lovely form, along with the backing of a pope from his own country! But I think Murray has put a lot of emphasis on this tournament, along with Miami, and I think he will play his way into this match. I think Murray can match Delpo in terms of all the strokes, but Murray defends better and moves better and I think he will come through. I would not be at all surprised if Delpo took a set, and probably even the first one. Murray is 1.53 to win the match but I think I will wait for a while and take him closer to even money in play.

I will blog again for the semi's tomorrow but take Murray to get the job done tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment